Having a dishwasher at home can save loads of time and effort. It can ensure the arduous chore of washing dishes is done smoothly and with ease. When you have something like a dishwasher that adds value to your life in many ways, it only makes sense to ensure it’s working well. Your dishwasher can only wash your vessels, not itself. That’s why it needs your help every so often to maintain its prime state. In this article, we’ll give you some dishwasher maintenance tips and maintenance checklist so you can keep your dishwasher working well.
When your dishwasher or dishes start smelling funky due to food build up, dirty filter, clogged spray arm, or broken soap dispenser, things can go awry. The good news is, there are some routine maintenance tips that increase cleaning efficiency and prevent damage.
Here are some of the best tips for dishwasher maintenance:
- Clean dishwasher parts regularly: Some dishwashers used to have a hard food disposal that collected bits of food down the drain. However, most modern dishwashers have a more advanced system of filters. This filter catches bits of food you don’t rinse off and the accumulation of these bits can cause them to rot and the water that comes up to wash your dishes can be dirty. Make it a habit to remove any food particles before you put your vessels in a dishwasher and so remove and rinse the filter with warm water and clean it with a soft brush before putting it back. Follow these two practices regularly for a clean drain and sink. Similarly, clean the detergent and rinse aid dispensers to avoid oily residue, clean any gunk built up in the spray arms with a toothpick, clean the door gasket with a mild dish soap and the same for your control panel.
- Check your water: Most dishwashers work best at a temperature of 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Some models may have a heat-boosting mechanism built in but if yours doesn’t then make sure you maintain this temperature for longevity.
- Use your dishwasher frequently: Make sure your dishwasher is put to regular use to ensure everything functioning smoothly. You can even run your dishwasher on an empty cycle to eliminate any excess moisture that has been left behind.
- Make sure dishes are rinsed properly: Any food build-up can cause a stink and clog the dishwasher. When you dispose off any food beforehand, there is no build-up or rotting and it’s much easier to clean and maintain. This is one of the best ways to make sure your dishwasher is working at an amazing condition for years to come.
- Soak the filter regularly: When you soak and clean the filter regularly, it acts as the key to a smoothly functioning dishwasher. Once you soak it in hot, soapy water, you can clean it off with a soft brush.
Follow these regular tips and maintain your dishwasher or if you need any help you can contact the Super General Customer Care Number in UAE, or the Super General Service Center.